Searching in a List of Directories
Go Up to How To Manage Files and Folders
On the Search > Find in Files dialog box, you can search through a directory, a list of directories, or a directory group.
You can enter a list of directories in either of two ways:
- By typing the directory names and separating the directories with a semicolon (;).
- By clicking (Folders and Groups) and using the Select Directories dialog box.
This topic describes both of these methods.
To create a directory list to search
- On the Search > Find in Files dialog box, click (Folders and groups).
- On the Select Directories dialog box, enter a directory name by doing either of the following:
- Repeat the previous step for additional directories.
- After you have added all the directories you want on the Select Directories dialog box, click OK.
- The Find in Files dialog box reappears, with your semicolon-separated directory list in the Directories field.