Creating an Application that Uses Ribbon Controls
This procedure describes how to create an application that uses ribbon controls. The core ribbon functionality is derived from the TRibbon component. While the ribbon uses other components, none of the core components are registered on the tool palette.
- TRibbon: Main visual component that provides most functionality.
- TRibbonApplicationMenuBar: Component that provides the functionality of the application menu.
- TRibbonQuickAccessToolbar: Component that provides the functionality of the Quick Access Toolbar.
- TRibbonPage: Component that represents the page of the ribbon that is currently visible.
- TRibbonGroup: Component that all of the pages commands are displayed in. Commands must be placed in a group.
To create a new application that uses ribbon controls
- For Delphi, choose File > New > VCL Form Application - Delphi.
For C++, choose File > New > VCL Form Application - C++Builder.
- Drop a TActionManager component onto the form.
- Drop a TRibbon component onto the form.
- Right-click the TRibbon component and select the Add Application Menu item.
- Right-click the TRibbon component again and select the Add Quick Access Toolbar item.
Note: During initial configuring of the ribbon, you might see a dialog saying that the current style selected in the TActionManager.Style is not a valid ribbon style. Change the TRibbonManager.Style property to be the Ribbon - Luna. Applicable styles for use with the ribbon have the Ribbon prefix. By default, three ribbon styles are implemented. These ribbon styles also work with the default ActionManager toolbar and menu bar controls. The available ribbon Styles are: