Displaying and Editing Fields in an Edit Box
Go Up to Using data controls Index
Vcl.DBCtrls.TDBEdit is a data-aware version of an edit box component. TDBEdit displays the current value of a data field to which it is linked and permits it to be edited using standard edit box techniques.
For example, suppose CustomersSource is a TDataSource component that is active and linked to an open TClientDataSet called CustomersTable. You can then place a TDBEdit component on a form and set its properties as follows:
- DataSource: CustomersSource
- DataField: CustNo
The data-aware edit box component immediately displays the value of the current row of the CustNo column of the CustomersTable dataset, both at design time and at runtime.
- Displaying Data as Labels
- Displaying and Editing Text in a Memo Control
- Displaying and Editing Text in a Rich Edit Memo Control
- Displaying and Editing Graphics Fields in an Image Control
- Displaying and Editing Data in List and Combo Boxes
- Handling Boolean Field Values with Check Boxes
- Restricting Field Values with Radio Controls