Setting Persistent Field Properties and Events
Go Up to Working with field components Index
You can set properties and customize events for persistent field components at design time. Properties control the way a field is displayed by a data-aware component, for example, whether it can appear in a Vcl.DBGrids.TDBGrid, or whether its value can be modified. Events control what happens when data in a field is fetched, changed, set, or validated.
To set the properties of a field component or write customized event handlers for it, select the component in the Fields editor, or select it from the component list in the Object Inspector.
The following topics discuss using persistent field properties and events:
- Setting Display and Edit Properties at Design Time
- Setting Field Component Properties at Runtime
- Creating Attribute Sets for Field Components
- Controlling and Masking User Input
- Using Default Formatting for Numeric, Date, and Time Fields
- Handling Events