Readme - Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE3
Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE3 provides bug fixes and other improvements to the Help system. See latest version at: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Readme_-_Help_Update_1_for_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE3.
Visit http://docs.embarcadero.com for versions of the Help available online.
This Help Update can be applied to any of the following:
- C++Builder XE3
- Delphi XE3
- RAD Studio XE3
Important: This Help Update cannot be applied to prior software versions. You must update the product to one of the versions listed above to be able to use the Help Update mechanism.
Upgrading via the Automatic Upgrade Mechanism
If you selected "Check for Updates Automatically" when you installed the product, you should automatically be notified when a help update is available for download. Click the notification and follow the instructions to download and install the help update.
Installing the Help Update from the Registered Users Site
If you have already installed the help for Delphi or C++Builder XE3, you should first uninstall the existing help before installing Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE3.
1. Uninstall Existing XE3 Help
To uninstall the existing help for Delphi and C++Builder XE3:
- On Windows XP: Open the Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- On Windows Vista or Windows 7: Open the Control Panel and select Programs\Uninstall a program.
- On Windows 8: On the Live Tiles window, type "control", open the Control Panel, and then select Add or Remove Programs.
- On Windows XP: Select Embarcadero Delphi and C++Builder XE3 Help System and click Remove.
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: On the Microsoft Uninstall or change a program dialog box, either:
- Double-click Embarcadero Delphi and C++Builder Help System in the list of programs.
- Right-click Embarcadero Delphi and C++Builder Help System and select Uninstall from the context menu.
- In the help installer, select Remove and follow the instructions.
2. Install Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE3
- Obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site.
- Install the help update using this command:
Contents of This Help Update
XE3 Help Update 1 contains the following notable additions or changes:
- Tutorial: Using LiveBindings and DataModules with the Metropolis UI
- Procedures for the LiveBindings Designer:
- Creating a Metropolis UI Flyout
- FMX.MetropolisUIFlyoutDemo Sample
- FMX.MetropolisUIFlipViewDemo Sample
Many other pages have been updated or revised for this Help Update.
Known Problems with the Help Update Installer
- If you close the Update before the install completes, when you run Check for Updates again, a message says there is no Update available. The workaround is to download and run HelpSetup /upgrade from the Registered Users Site.
- If you have registered 3rd-party help in the RAD Studio/10.0/Help/Doc/h2reg.ini file, you may have problems if you used syntax that is not compatible with RAD Studio Help. For instructions, see How to Plug 3rd-Party Help into RAD Studio Help.
- The Microsoft Platform SDK help is no longer automatically installed with the product help, but you can choose to install it (this change occurred at the XE release).
Known Problems in the Help for Delphi and C++Builder XE3
- For Japanese, French, and German, there are minor issues in the table of contents.
- Some English content has not yet been translated.
- There are several areas where content is missing or incomplete, as tracked on Quality Central.
Copyright © 2012 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.