Creating Metropolis UI Edit Buttons with Embedded Glyphs
To add Metropolis UI buttons with embedded glyphs:
- Create a FireMonkey Metropolis UI application using the FireMonkey Metropolis UI Application wizard.
- Add a TEdit to the form.
- Do either of the following:
- With the button selected, click the StyleLookup property in the Object Inspector.
- Right-click the button and choose Add Item from the context menu.
- From the popup list that appears, choose one of the Windows 8 button styles:
- Used for customising or making your own glyph button
- X glyph
- Clears the edit field when user clicks the glyph
- Eye/eyebrow glyph
- Hides the text that is entered
- Clicking the glyph makes the text momentarily visible
- Password property of TEdit must be set to True in the Object Inspector for password entry to be hidden correctly.
- Magnifying glass glyph
- Can be linked to a search program
- Ellipse […] glyph
- Can be linked to a dialog box
Embedded Glyph Sample
The sample MetropolisUIEmbeddedGlyphDemo shows you the five Metropolis UI buttons. Look for this sample in the
FireMonkey folder of your product Samples directory, accessible from the Start menu on your PC:
Start | Programs | Embarcadero RAD Studio | Samples