Enabling the Component Toolbar
Go Up to How To Use the IDE
The optional Component Toolbar displays all the categories and components of the regular Tool Palette (Standard, Data Access, and so forth) across the top of the RAD Studio window. Use the scroll buttons to scroll the toolbar from right to left and back.
For example, here is the first section of the Component Toolbar:
When the Component Toolbar is enabled, you can use either the Component Toolbar or the Tool Palette to add components to your application.
To enable/disable the Component Toolbar:
- Display the list of toolbars by doing either of the following:
- Choose View > Toolbars.
- Right-click anywhere on the toolbar.
- From the displayed list of toolbars, select Component.
- When the Component Toolbar is enabled, the checkbox for Component is checked.
To quickly move to a specific component category tab:
- Right-click anywhere on the Component Toolbar.
- From the list of component categories (such as Standard or DataSnap Server), select the category you want to open.
To review and change the contents and organization of the Component Toolbar
- Go to Tools > Options > Environment Options > Component Toolbar .
- You can:
- Add a page or category (click Add).
- Delete a page or category (click Delete).
- Rename a page or category (click Rename).
- Reorder pages/categories or components (click Move Up or Move Down).