Extending the IDE (Tools API)
Go Up to Component Writer's Guide Index
The ToolsAPI unit provides interfaces that interact with and control the RAD Studio IDE, and let you extend and customize the IDE. See the ToolsAPI source code for comments about the ToolsAPI; the source code is located at Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\n.n\source\ToolsAPI.
- For instructions on extending the IDE using the ToolsAPI, see: Extending the IDE.
- For instructions and code snippets about using the ToolsAPI to create a wizard, see: Implementing the Wizard Interfaces.
- For information about changes made to ToolsAPI in the XE release, see: Tools API Changes for XE.
- Extending the IDE
- Overview of the Tools API
- Writing a Wizard Class
- Obtaining Tools API Services
- Working with Files and Editors
- Creating Form and Project Wizards
- Notifying a Wizard of IDE Events