Using the Layers in the LiveBindings Designer
Go Up to LiveBindings Designer
The LiveBindings Designer allows you to organize your bindings diagram (if it is too bulky) through a system of layers.
To organize your bindings diagram through a system of layers
- Access the Layers menu in the upper-right corner of the Designer.
- By default, there is only one main layer that cannot be removed or renamed. It is called Default Layer. You can make it visible or not by clicking the eye icon () next to it.
- 2. To add a new layer, use the plus button and the new layer will be added to the Layers menu with a generic name, NewLayerX, where X is a number.
- 3. To change an added layer's name, double-click it and type a new name in the check box. Validate your new name using the
- Elements that are not part of a layer will be shown with a slight fade effect, as if they were in the background.
- Elements that are part of different layers and are connected will be highlighted when on layers that do not contain them.
- If you have multiple layers visible, the layers names next to the Form name in the LiveBindings Designer window toolbar will update accordingly. This allows you to see which layers are visible even if the layers menu is collapsed.
- 4. To add certain components to a layer, you need to select the layer in the layers menu. Then you can select a single or select components from the Form Designer, using the
Shiftkey while clicking them, or by drawing a selection box over the components in the LiveBindings Designer.
- 5. After you have selected one or multiple components, right-click to add to an existing layer or to a new layer.
You may want that one component be part of two different layers. As an advanced feature, you can do that in two ways.
To make one component be part of two layers
- Select the layer in the layers menu.
- Select the component in the LiveBindings Designer and right-click it.
- Typing in the names of the layers:
- Select the component (for instance:
- In the Object Inspector, expand the LiveBindings Designer property, and type in the additional names of the layers (that you set up in the layers menu) that you want to add the component to (Node-Layers).
Tip: Use the LiveBindings Designer layers whenever you have diagrams with multiple elements that you want to quickly organize in order to clean up your diagram for better observation.