Creating Web Server Applications with WebSnap
Go Up to Using WebSnap Index
Note: WebSnap is being deprecated in RAD Studio. Although WebSnap is still documented in the online help, the WebSnap product is no longer fully supported. As an alternative, you should begin using IntraWeb (VCL for the Web). IntraWeb is documented in this online help. For more documentation on IntraWeb, go to http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/documentation/index.aspx .
If you look at the source code for WebSnap, you will discover that WebSnap comprises hundreds of objects. In fact, WebSnap is so rich in objects and features that you could spend a long time studying its architecture in detail before understanding it completely. Fortunately, you really don't need to understand the whole WebSnap system before you start developing your server application.
Here you will learn more about how WebSnap works by creating a new Web server application.
To create a new Web server application using the WebSnap architecture
- Choose File > New > Other, and select the WebSnap folder from Delphi Projects.
- In the right pane of the New Items window choose WebSnap Application. A dialog box appears.
- Specify the correct server type.
- Use the components button to specify application module components.
- Use the Page Options button to select application module options.
For further information about adding application module components, see Specifying Application Module Components.