Creating Web Server Applications with Web Broker
Go Up to Using Web Broker Index
Web Broker components (located on the Internet tab of the Tool palette) enable you to create event handlers that are associated with a specific Uniform Resource Identifier (URI). When processing is complete, you can programmatically construct HTML or XML documents and transfer them to the client. You can use Web Broker components for cross-platform application development.
To create a new Web server application using the Web Broker architecture:
- Select File > New > Other.
- In the New Items dialog box, select the New tab under Delphi Projects and choose Web Server Application.
- A dialog box appears, where you can select one of the Web server application types:
- ISAPI and NSAPI: Selecting this type of application sets up your project as a DLL, with the exported methods expected by the Web server. It adds the library header to the project file and the required entries to the uses list and exports clause of the project file.
- CGI stand-alone: Selecting this type of application sets up your project as a console application, and adds the required entries to the uses clause of the project file.
- Web Application Debugger stand-alone executable: Selecting this type of application sets up an environment for developing and testing Web server applications. This type of application is not intended for deployment.Choose the type of Web Server Application that communicates with the type of Web Server your application will use. This creates a new project configured to use Internet components.