Creating a New Type Library
Go Up to Working with type libraries Index
Use the Type Library Wizard to create a type library that is independent of a particular COM object. For example, you might want to define a type library that contains type definitions that you use in several other type libraries. You can then create a type library of basic definitions and add it to the uses page of other type libraries.
You can also use the wizard to create a type library for an object that is not yet implemented. Once the type library contains the interface definition, you can use the COM object wizard to generate a CoClass and implementation.
To create a new type library
- If you have a project open, click File > Close All.
- Choose File > New > Other to open the New Items dialog box.
- Choose the ActiveX folder under either Delphi Projects or C++Builder Projects.
- Select the Type Library icon in the right pane.
- Choose OK. The wizard creates an empty RIDL file and opens it in the Design page of the Type Library Editor (in the Code Editor window).
- Enter a name for the type library in the Name field.
- Continue by adding elements to your type library by using the toolbar buttons.