Talk:FireMonkey Development Setup for iOS
iOS Requirements on Mac
RAD Studio XE 2 Update 4 requires the following versions of software on Mac
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion
- (Neither OS is supported on legacy PowerPC- and 680x0-based Macintosh systems. All Macs since 2007 are Intel-based; all since 2008 are 64-bit, which Lion requires.)
- Xcode and the iOS SDK installed.
- Requires membership in one of several Apple Developer Programs, which are described later in this topic.
- Xcode 3.2.5 to 4.2 verified working.
- iOS 4.2.x, 4.3.x and 5.0 verified working.
- iOS device connected to Mac by USB port
FMI (the FireMonkey library ported for iOS) requires the latest Free Pascal compiler (FPC), version 2.5.x, which is built by the current stable FPC 2.4.x. Free Pascal is installed for you as part of the steps described here.
Installing FireMonkey-iOS Tools on Mac
Perform the following installation procedure on your development Mac:
- Install Xcode on the Mac.
- Transfer the
FireMonkey-iOS > FireMonkey-iOS.dmgfile from your product installation directory on your development PC to the Mac.
- On the Mac, open
FireMonkey-iOS.dmgand run the two installer packages:
This setup procedure performs the following:
- Installs Free Pascal 2.6.0 under
- Copies Free Pascal 2.6.0 source to
- Copies FMI source required for apps to
- Builds and installs Free Pascal 2.6.0 under
- Generates, builds, and installs the required iOS SDK headers under
- For more information about Xcode, see Mac OS X Application Development.
After the initial installation, you must also complete the configuration of your development environment on the Mac, as described later in this topic.
changes made in the parent topic
KrisHouser 13:19, 2 February 2012 (PST)