Using App Tethering
Go Up to Using the RTL Index
The RTL provides app tethering components, giving your applications the ability to interact with other applications running either on the same machine or on a remote machine.
Using app tethering, your applications can easily:
- Discover other applications that are using app tethering, running either on the same device as your application or on other connected devices.
- Run actions remotely. An application can publish actions using app tethering. Then other applications can remotely invoke any of these actions on the former application.
- Share data between applications. App tethering allows sharing of standard data types and streams.
The app tethering feature does not depend on a specific transport or protocol, and new protocols can be implemented using the app tethering API. The RTL provides built-in support for Ethernet connections between applications on the same local areal network (LAN), including applications running on the same device.
- Adding App Tethering to Your Application
- Connecting to Remote Applications
- Sharing and Running Actions on Remote Applications
- Sharing Data with Remote Applications