Naming a Thread While Debugging
Go Up to Naming a Thread
You can temporarily name a thread in the IDE while you are debugging your application. Doing this enables you to easily identify individual threads in the Thread Status window.
To name a thread while debugging
- Open your project in the IDE and set breakpoints in the code.
- Run your application by pressing
F9or by choosing Run > Run.
- Open the Thread Status window by selecting View > Debug Windows > Threads.
- Right-click the thread you want to name and select Name Thread from the context menu.
- On the Set Thread Name dialog box, type a thread name and click OK.