Summary: Describes how to deploy applications To deploy an application
- Choose Tools Deployment Wizard.
- Step through the "Deployment Wizard" to gather the list of files necessary for your component to run on the web server.
- Specify a target location to which the "Deployment Wizard" will copy the set of files.
- Click "Finish" at the end of the wizard to generate your deployment folder in the specified location.
- Upload the target folder contents to your web server.
Note: Files referenced by components, like CSS files, HTML, images, etc, are *not* deployed by the Deployment Wizard, you have to copy them by hand.
Location of the RPCL folder
When you run your application using the IDE, the PHP engine, through the php.ini file, is configured to located the RPCL library on its actual location, so you when you deploy your application, you need to modify the running environment to do the same.
There are several methods for you to place the rpcl folder to be used by your application:
As a subfolder of your application, so there is no need to change your php.ini path setting
This is the easiest way to deploy your application, as all the library will be located on a subfolder and you can move it to the server without telling the PHP engine where to locate the library.
For those not familiar with what php.ini is or how to specify PHP where to locate files is looking for, please, check the following links on the PHP manual:
In a common folder on your document root
You will need to create a subfolder on each \app folder called \rpcl and place a rpcl.inc.php there, with this:
<?php require_once('../rpcl/rpcl.inc.php'); ?>
So you will end up with three RPCL subfolders, but only one having the full library, the other two, inside the application folders, will just have a dummy rpcl.inc.php, that will load the common rpcl.inc.php.