IBX for PHP Overview
IBX for PHP is a set of data access components that provide a means of accessing data from InterBase databases. The IBX for PHP components are located on the" InterBase" tab of the "Tool Palette".
Use an IBDatabase component to establish connections to databases, which can involve one or more concurrent transactions. IBX for PHP has a separate transaction component which allows you to separate transactions and database connections.
To set up a database connection:
Drop an IBDatabase component onto a form or data module.
- Fill out the DatabaseName property. For a local connection, this is the drive, path, and filename of the database file. Set the Connected property to true.
- Enter a valid username and password on the Username and Password''''' properties.
Use an IBTable component to set up a live dataset on a table or view without having to enter any SQL statements.
IBTable components are easy to configure:
Add an IBTable component to your form or data module.
- Specify the associated database components.
- Specify the name of the relation from the "TableName" drop-down list.
- Set the Active property to true.
Use an IBQuery component to execute any InterBase DSQL statement, restrict your result set to only particular columns and rows, use aggregate functions, and join multiple tables.
IBQuery components provide a read-only dataset, and adapt well to the InterBase client/server environment. To set up an IBQuery component:
Set up an IBDatabase connection as described above.
- Add an
IBQuery component to your form or data module.
- Specify the associated database and transaction components.
- Enter a valid SQL statement for the
IBQuery SQL property in the String list editor.
- Set the Active property to true
Use IBStoredProc for InterBase executable procedures: procedures that return, at most, one row of information. For stored procedures that return more than one row of data, or "Select" procedures use the IBQuery .