The main window of the IDE provides access to all the tools and actions you can perform with the product:
IDE Window Caption
The caption of the main form provides information about the current project, current unit and status. The caption is updated dynamically, based on what is active in the editor:
- If no file is open, the caption is: Embarcadero RadPHP - [none]
- If a file is open, the caption is: Embarcadero RadPHP - <path to the file>
- If a project is open, the file name of the project, with no extension, is prepended to the previous rules, for example: Project1 - Embarcadero RadPHP - unit1.php
In Debug mode, the tags [Running] and [Stopped] are added to the caption depending on the following rules:
- If you press any run action, the [Running] tag is added and is removed when execution is stopped (remember PHP executes from bottom to end, no execution loop like in Windows applications)
- If the program is stopped at any point, the tag [Stopped] is added
The menu bar provides access to many of the functions of the product and uses menu categories consistent with other Embarcadero IDEs including File, Edit, Search, View, Run, Component, Tools, Help.
The IDE displays several toolbars by default including Standard, Desktop, Run, Desktops, View, Help and Browse.
You can customize the displayed toolbars using View Toolbars Customize or by right-clicking a toolbar and selecting "Customize". You can select which toolbars to display by right-clicking in the toolbar area and clicking the names of toolbars to show or hide them. You can organize and the displayed toolbars by dragging and dropping them to move them around.
The tabbed pane at the bottom of the IDE provides access to messages, debugging information, and additional tools including: