Register Your Application on Facebook
From RadPHP XE2 Documentation
Create Your Application
Once you have an account, follow the steps below to create your new application on Facebook:
- Go to facebook.com/developers. You will have to log in if you did not already, and your might be requested to enter your password ever if you was logged in already.
- You will be asked to allow Developer application. Click Allow to do so.
- Click Create New App to start application creation wizard.
- Enter required data, check I agree with Facebook Platform Policies checkbox, and click Continue.
- App Display Name, the name of your application the way users should see it. Where It Was in the screenshot below.
- App Namespace, an identifier for your application, to be used later when coding it, and also in the Facebook URL for your application (apps.facebook.com/app-namespace). whereitwas in the screenshot below.
- Then you will have to pass a captcha. Do so and click Submit.
Your application will then be created.
Setup Basic Settings
Once your application is created on Facebok, there are some basic settings you should take care of.
- Go to your application’s page at facebook.com/developers.
- Click Edit Settings, top right button in Settings section.
- You will access then your application’s Basic Settings. In the bottom part, under Select how your app integrates with Facebook, click App on Facebook.
- A form with three fields (two editable) will be displayed. Fill those two fields, and then click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- Canvas URL. This is the URL of your application in your server.
- Secure Canvas URL. This is the secure URL of your application in your server, for users navigating Facebook through https.
Warning: Since October 1st 2011, you must provide an HTTPS URL, so your server must have an SSL certificate. More information at developers.facebook.com/docs/oauth2-https-migration. If you can not afford one, check out social-server.com.