The Welcome Page is the first page you see when you open the IDE. The Welcome Page includes a number of useful options and shortcuts:
- New - Brings up the New Items dialog to create a new file
- Open Project - Brings up the File|Open dialog with a filter for RadPHP projects file type (*.phprj)
- Open File - Brings up the File|Open dialog with a filter set for all supported file types
- Help - Opens RadPHP Help file
- Resources - Includes links to local documentation files such as the Readme, Install Instructions, Deployment Information and Samples and Demos directory information as well as links to online resources such as RadPHP home page, RPCL open source project site, PHP community on the Embarcadero Developer Network, and Embarcadero Support site.
- Recent Projects - List of recently open projects with date and time they were last modified. Click a file name to open the project file.
- Recent Files - List of recently open files with date and time they were last modified. Click a file name to open the file.
- Headlines - RadPHP news and information headlines from the Embarcadero Developer Network. Watch these headlines for announcements of product updates and other important information.
Additional technical information about the Welcome Page
Headlines are fetched from http://dn.embarcadero.com/php/atom and stored in the <userdir>\Desktops\headlines.xml file so they will be available the next time the IDE is opened. If the IDE is opened and headlines.xml is not found, the file is fetched at that time. Otherwise, an updated version of the file is fetched on a background thread.
In the list of recent projects/files, if the file/project is no longer available on disk, the the date field will change to "not found" when the user tries to load the file and an error message will be shown.
The right click popup menu item "Open in New Window" is disabled because there is only a single IDE welcome page window.