What Is New
From RadPHP XE2 Documentation
RadPHP XE2 provides a significant new functionality and performance improvements
- IDE enhancements in the new version enable you to do more and get your work done faster. New features and enhancements like the visual HTML designer, Templated Forms designer and multilanguage support give you more flexibility to build great looking Web applications. Other features and enhancements like designer guidelines, profiling, file management and filtering make you more productive by providing quicker access to the information you need.
- The Code Editor has received a major overhaul for improved performance and stability as well many new advanced editing features like code folding, error insight, a change tracking bar, sync edit and source code formatting that help you better understand, manage and navigate your source code.
- The new Database app development features in RadPHP XE2 make it easier than ever to build database applications with less coding. New native components for Oracle and new support for seven additional databases in the Data Explorer give you more choices and the new ability to drag and drop from the Data Explorer to the visual designer enables you to quickly build database apps quickly and easily.
- Improved documentation and additional samples to help you understand how to use the IDE and the RPCL components to build real world applications.
IDE New Features and Enhancements
- Form Designer: The PHP form designer performance has been improved to provide smooth movement. New Designer Guidelines make it easier to align components on the design surface. Hint support has also been improved.
- Templated Forms Designer: This completely new feature enables you to work visually with PHP and templates. Access it via File|New|Templated form.
- HTML Designer: The IDE now provides visual capabilities to edit HTML files. This feature provides a basic level of functionality for designing and editing HTML pages visually.
- Tool Palette: The Tool Palette includes new filtering capabilities. Just click the funnel icon and start typing text from a component name to filter the list of components and quickly find what you need.
- File Browser: An integrated file browser is now available as a tab in the Structure pane. The file browser makes it easy for you to browse and locate files without leaving the IDE.
- Object Inspector: The Object Inspector now features subproperties, references and is significantly faster.
- Data Explorer: Now supports many additional popular databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Informix, Sybase and SQL Anywhere in addition to InterBase and MySQL. It also provides the ability to let you select which components to drop on forms.
- Data Viewer: Available in the tabbed pane at the bottom of the IDE, the Data Viewer can be used in conjunction with Data Explorer to browse data or issue SQL queries on the currently selected database
- Multilanguage: The IDE and most help resources can be localized externally with ease. The product ships with IDE localizations in several different languages and additional translations can easily be added. Localized versions of the PHP language documentation are also available. The IDE help and RPCL help are available in English only.
- Error Insight: This new feature provides syntax checking as you type, so you can easily fix syntax errors before running your scripts
- Using Code Insight: Lot of improvements on this feature, to allow you browse through your application code and to get more information using phpDoc comments
- Code Folding: Code Folding allows you to collapse certain parts of your source code for easier visualization and navigation of your code
- Sync Ranges: Using this new feature, you select a range of source code and modify multiple instances of common text at the same time
- Tracking Band: This band shows you the history of changes on your code, indicated by a yellow or green band in the left editor gutter to show recently changed lines of code and recently saved lines of code
- Profiler: The new integrated PHP profiler measures execution time and can be used to help eliminate bottlenecks from your apps
- Macro Recording and Playback: This feature has been reworked and improved for better performance
- Encoding, Format and Character Set: You can work with any encoding, format or character set
- Status Bar: The status bar has been redesigned to provide better visualization and information
- Adding Folder Contents to a Project: You can create an empty project and add files from a folder easily using masks rather than having to add files one at a time
- Vista compliant: IDE doesn't use a virtual store anymore so it is Windows Vista friendly
- Source Code Formatter: You can use this handy tool to format your source code using a configurable set of formatting options
Additional new IDE features:
- UTF-8 enabled code editor: The code editor supports different character sets and encodings
- New help system: The help you are reading is stored on a wiki, so users can contribute to the documentation
- Runtime parameters on URL: A combo at the top of the IDE to let you pass parameters when executing your scripts
RPCL new features and enhancements
- New Trackbar component
- New native components for Oracle
- Updated libraries (ADOdb, Smarty, JQuery)
- Added PEAR library with sample component PearDataGrid
- Added Zend Framework with Auth and ACL components
- New template engine to work with Templated Forms feature in the IDE
- New components for Templated Forms: DBIteratorBegin and DBIteratorEnd
- New component Pager: With built-in styles and to paginate any data set
- Added ACLManager to allow you fine-grain access to your applications
- Improved MonthCalendar component
- Predefined images for BitBtn
- Added lot of properties, methods an events to components
- Expanded RPCL reference