Go Up to Add-on tools
The Code Analyst is a tool to identify time-consuming lines of code. Code Analyst lets you:
- Perform detailed response time analysis on the execution of Procedures and External Functions.
- Benchmark the execution of one or more procedures or functions to determine exactly what code objects and lines of code are taking the longest to run.
- Save response time metrics and perform intelligent compares against current execution times so you can determine deviations from previous acceptable response times.
- Tip: You can set Code Analyst options in the Code Analyst Options.
- Note: Availability of this feature depends on your Rapid SQL licensing. For more information, see Licensing.
- For DB2, before profiling with Code Analyst, Compile all procedures with the debugging option selected.
- For Oracle, when using the Oracle Debugger, Compile all procedures with the debugging option selected before profiling with Code Analyst.
- Creating a Code Analyst Session
- Identifying and Fixing Bottlenecks Using Code Analyst
- Comparing Code Analyst Sessions
- Cloning a Code Analyst Session
- Deleting a Code Analyst Session
- Stopping a Code Analyst Session Execution
- Executing a Code Analyst Session
- Scheduling a Code Analyst Session
- Unscheduling a Code Analyst Session
- Refreshing a Code Analyst Session
- Saving Results in Code Analyst
- Printing Results in Code Analyst
- Viewing Run Details in Code Analyst
- Viewing Unit Summary Information in Code Analyst
- Viewing Unit Details in Code Analyst
- Setting View Options for the Unit Detail Tab in Code Analyst
- Extracting SQL Text in Code Analyst
- Executing SQL in Code Analyst (Rapid SQL)