Initiating an object operation
Object operations are most commonly available as right-click context menu selections on the Database Navigator, available with one or more objects selected.
- Note: To verify availability of an object action for a specific object type and DBMS platform, see the topic covering that object type in Supported Objects.
To Initiate an Object Operation in Rapid SQL
- Connect to the datasource that contains the object you want to perform the operation against. For more information, see Connecting to Datasources.
- On the Database Navigator, expand nodes until the target object type is visible and then expand the target object type. See the following topics for more information:
- Take one of the following actions:
- To initiate an operation against a single object, right-click the object and select the operation from the context menu.
- To initiate an operation against a multiple objects, use CTRL-clicking to select multiple objects, right-click one of the selected objects and then select an operation from the context menu.
- Note: Not all object operations can be applied to multiple objects.
- The wizard for the selected object operation opens.
For information on using the wizard panels to provide required information and execute an operation, see Using object operation wizards.