Welcome to Rapid SQL
Go Up to Main Page
Welcome to Rapid SQL, the database administration and development solution that lets you manage IBM DB2 for Linux, Unix, and Windows, IBM DB2 for z/OS and OS/390, Interbase/Firebird, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase IQ, and Sybase ASE databases.
The list below describes the major sections of this document.
- Getting Started - Provides an introduction for new users and helps you set up Rapid SQL. Included is an investigation of the major user interface elements, detailed tutorial exercises, instructions on configuring Rapid SQL features, and additional information on using this document and third-party documentation.
- Datasource and Server Management - Shows you how to register the datasources that Rapid SQL will work against.This chapter also describes the extensive datasource management facilities.
- Team Server 2016 Support - Shows you how to make use of datasource definitions and ER/Studio model data in a Team Server 2016 Repository.
- Database Object Management - Describes how to create new database objects, edit existing objects, and provides details on the operations you can perform against database objects.
- Coding Environments/Editors - Describes the development/execution/testing environments offered.
- Tools - Tools provide search, script and file execution, scheduling, visual difference, a visual query builder, data import, a data editor, and an auto-replace tool for the scripting environment.
- Project Management - Rapid SQL provides project support and version control system integration.
- Add-on tools - License-dependent add-ons include:
- Debuggers - Rapid SQL provides debugging environments for DB2 LUW, SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase ASE.
- Oracle PL/SQL Profiler - captures metrics of various PL/SQL programmable objects as they are executed
- Code Analyst - helps you identify time-consuming lines of code.
Note: For information on access to third party documentation and descriptions of conventions used in this document, see More Information on Using this Document.
Additional Product Information
The IDERA Web site provides access to information and resources useful through the life of your product. This includes access to:
- Technical Support
- Case studies, video presentations, webinars and white papers
- Product communities through the IDERA Developer Network
- Free trials of related products
You can find general information about system requirements, licensing information, and details on DBMS product support in Prerequisites and Preliminary Tasks.