Add Custom Attributes
Go Up to Tutorials
You can associate enterprise data dictionary attachments with the following Team Server resource types: glossaries, terms, people, data sources, and the following ER objects: tables, columns, logical entities, logical attributes, business entities and business attributes.
When you associate an attachment to a resource type, the Description subpage of the pages of that type of resource include the associated attachment as a custom attribute which you can edit from Team Server.
Add Attachments on ER/Studio Data Architect
In the Data Dictionary, right-click the Attachments folder and then click New Attachment Type. Define the attachment type as required and then click OK to complete the editor.
In the Attachment type folder created, right-click and then click New Attachment.
- In the Name tab define the name of the attachment type and provide a description (optional) of the attachment type, such as when and why attachments of this type are used.
- In the Value tab select the data type from the lists all supported data types. Optionally, you can define a default value.
Add Diagram Changes and Syncrhonize
You can either:
- Adding a Diagram or Data Dictionary to the Repository
- If the diagram already exist and you are just adding the attachments, right-click de Data Dictionary and then click Check In Data Dictionary.
Publish and Add the Custom Attributes
Go to Team Server and publish the diagram.
Add terms with custom attributes
You can either:
- Add a term and edit it to see and fill the custom attributes.
- Load it from a CSV File. The custom attributes will be added at the end in order.
+++ Terms Begin +++,,,,,,,,,, Key,Name,Status,Definition,Abbreviations,Aliases,AdditionalNotes,Stewards,RelatedGlossaries,RelatedTerms,TermEntityType,ER1,ER2 ,TestCA10b,Locked,,,,,,,,"Business Terms",False,10 ,TestCA16b,Locked,,,,,,,,"Business Terms",True,16 +++ Terms End +++,,,,,,,,,,