Go Up to Main Page
These notes provide important information about installation requirements for new Team Server installer which includes Repository. You should read this document in its entirety before any install or uninstall procedure.
Note: The following information is for installation only. If you are upgrading from separate ER/Studio Repository and Team Server installations, please see Upgrading Team Server and Repository for important upgrade information.
Before installing Team Server and Repository, verify that your environment meets the hardware and operating system requirements. Adhering to these requirements optimizes performance. These hardware requirements are based on a 5-10 user environment.
As required by your database platform
5 GB + 100MB per Team Server/Repository diagram for data storage
+ additional DB growth (if DB is in the same server)
Depending on install medium
As supported by your database platform
Any of the following:
Transaction Control Protocol (TCP) up and running
Single-byte character sets are supported, as long as the database is set to the required code page (character set). (UNICODE and UTF8 are not supported)
TCP up and running
• DBMS privileges to create objects on the server
• Local administrator privileges
- If you install the Application and the Database on the same server, consider surpassing the hardware requirements described previously.
- Supported DBMS (see Database Server Requirements)
Supported Web Browsers
The following web browsers are tested to work with Team Server. Other browsers may work, but are not officially supported:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or later)
- Microsoft Edge
Note: To be able to launch the configurator within Microsoft Edge, follow next steps:
- Open the Control Panel -> Internet Options dialog.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Select 'Local intranet' zone and click "Sites" button.
- Check the 'Automatically detect intranet network' box.
Encrypting / SSL enablement requirements
Team Server supports encrypting connections to SQL Server (SSL enabled) with the following environment:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- The hotfix needed is Cumulative Update 7: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3046038
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2): http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=43340.
- The hotfix needed is Cumulative Update 6: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3052468
- The installation user account must have local administrative privileges.
- To install, you need to create first an empty database for Team Server, unless you already have a database and will be reinitializing it during the install.
- The database server to be used must be running.
- If you want to configure LDAP authentication to allow directory service users to log into Team Server, check that your LDAP server is up and running.
- If you want to enable Team Server email notifications, check that your SMTP server is up and running. You may want to prepare a special email address on your email server for this purpose.
- Do not install Team Server (that includes Repository) on a system where ER/Studio Data Architect or ER/Studio Business Architect is installed.
- If a previous version of Team Server is installed, please uninstall first.
- If the Team Server installer detects an installation of any of these applications, the installer asks you to uninstall these applications before you proceed.