Creating Login Credentials
Go Up to Working with Login Credentials
You can create a Data Source Login Credential at the same moment you are creating the data source or you can do it later.
To create a Login Credentials:
- Select the Data Sources search page and then select Related Login Credentials on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the New Login Credentials button on the upper-right corner.
- On the New Login Credentials dialog box that opens:
- Define the Name of your new Login Credential.
- Choose the type of authentication you prefer:
- Type the User Name. User Name is a login name for a Data Source. Then enter and confirm the Password. The password that allows access to the Data Source. For platforms that may not require a password such as Sybase, this field may be left empty.
- Select OS Authentication. This option disables Name, Password and Confirm Password fields since the information will be read from the current OS login. The Trusted Host field appears.
- Define a Role for the Login Credential.
- Write a Definition that provides detailed information about the Login Credential, such as its purpose and users group.
- Click Save to save your new Login Credential.