Database Server Requirements
Go Up to Main Page
Supported Database Platforms
Team Server and Repository databases may run on any of the following database platforms:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2017.
- Oracle 11g and 12c.
- IBM DB2 for LUW 10.x.
In order for the Repository to communicate with the database, the machine running Team Server must also have the corresponding RDBMS client utility installed.
- Install the 64-bit version of Oracle Client Utilities.
- Configure your server in one of the Oracle configuration tools: Net Easy Config or Net Configuration Assistant.
- Create a connection alias.
- If you are upgrading using Oracle you need to increase the number of processes (connections) to 200 before running.
- Minimum permissions for owner of Repository and Team Server schema:
- CREATE INDEXTYPE
- CREATE PROCEDURE
- CREATE SEQUENCE
- CREATE SESSION
- CREATE SYNONYM
- CREATE TABLE
- CREATE TRIGGER
- CREATE TYPE
- CREATE VIEW
- UNLIMITED TABLESPACE
Microsoft SQL Server
- 64-bit client libraries are already installed on Windows machines.
- Ensure that the server and database are set to case-insensitive, as case-sensitive is not supported. Also set the SQL Server Configuration Properties to allow SQL Server authentication. Team Server only supports SQL Server Authentication.
- The database and server collation must be set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
- When using SQL Server, ensure the SQL Server Agent is running.
- Team Server on SQL Server only supports the following communication protocols:
- Shared Memory
- Named Pipes
- The option ANSI_NULLS (Server Properties > Connections) needs to be set as On.
- The default schema for Team Server database needs to be dbo. If you were using a different schema please move the tables to dbo schema previous to install or upgrade Team Server.
- Install 64-bit version of IBM DB2 UDB Client Utilities.
- Configure an ODBC data source entry for the IBM DB2 database that you want to access from Team Server.
- Create a connection alias. The data source name must match the connection alias specified in the client connection.
- For all versions of an IBM DB2 UDB server, to ensure optimal Repository performance, you must have a user temporary tablespace with a 32 KB page size and the database must be tuned so it does not run out of memory or log space.