Overview of User Experiences
Go Up to Overview of Security
Team Server provides two different user experiences: social and non social. You can enjoy either of them, depending on the [Overview of User Connections|user connection]] that a super user assigns you for connecting to Team Server.
The following sections provide an overview of the differences between each type of user. In the User Guide you can find separated sections for social and non-social users that might help you understand the differences as well.
Social users have access to several features and additional data of the ER/Studio Repository database that non-social users cannot access, including:
- ER Object activity:
- Metadata changes (additions, deletions, modifications).
- Changes to domains and terms pages.
- Domain and term page wiki edits.
- Activity of other Team Server users:
- Create data sources.
You can restrict social users from accessing specific diagrams. You can also assign a read-only access to them.
Non-social users can use comments and labels in addition to the basic features that social and non-social users have in common.
- Note: Many features that social users can use make comments and labels redundant. Social users can use the Stream, Discussions, and more to interact with resources.