Release 9.6.1 features
ER/Studio Data Architect 9.6.1
Published October 21, 2013
- 1 Release 9.6.1 features summary:
- 2 Release 9.6 features summary:
- 3 Firebird DBMS Now Supported
- 4 Increased Memory Availability
- 5 IDERA Connect
- 6 New Platform Version Support
- 7 New InterBase Object Type Support
- 8 SQL Server Sequence Support
- 9 Oracle Named NOT NULL Constraints
- 10 Related MetaWizard Release
- 11 See Also
Release 9.6.1 features summary:
In addition to many bug fixes, 9.6.1 offers the following new features.
Release 9.6 features summary:
- IDERA Connect
- New Platform Version Support
- New InterBase Object Type Support
- SQL Server Sequence Support
- Oracle Named NOT NULL Constraints
Firebird DBMS Now Supported
ER/Studio Data Architect now officially supports Firebird 1.5, 2.1 and 2.5.
Increased Memory Availability
ER/Studio Data Architect is now able to use up to 4GB of memory on 64 bit machines and up to 3GB of memory on 32 bit Windows.
- On 32-bit versions of Windows, the system must be able to recognize the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE setting applied to ERSTUDIO. This link provides information of how to do this in different Windows systems: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff556232%28v=vs.85%29.aspx. There is no need to change anything on Windows x64.
IDERA Connect is a new product that provides functionality previously provided by ER/Studio Portal.
In addition, a Connect server stores data source definitions that can be used by ER/Studio Data Architect. This lets you centralize data source management as well as administer any data governance policies regarding datasource definitions.
ER/Studio Data Architect functionality requiring database connectivity now lets you select an IDERA Connect connection, identify the data source, and provide credentials.
Specific features that accommodate IDERA Connect data sources include:
- Reverse engineering
- Generating databases
- Compare/Merge utility
- Where Used tab of the Table Editor
In addition, you can relate models to Connect data sources. You can also initiate creation of a new data source on IDERA Connect from ER/Studio Data Architect.
New Platform Version Support
As of this release, ER/Studio Data Architect functionality is available for the following platform versions:
- TeraData 14
- IBM DB2 for Linux, Unix, and Windows Version 10
- Netezza 7
- InterBase XE and XE3
New InterBase Object Type Support
The following object types are now supported for InterBase 2009, XE, and XE3:
SQL Server Sequence Support
Sequences, introduced in SQL Server 2012, are now supported by ER/Studio Data Architect. Functionality available for Oracle and DB2 Sequences is now provided for SQL Server 2012 modeling.
Oracle Named NOT NULL Constraints
In previous releases, ER/Studio Data Architect treated named NOT NULL constraints as simple check constraints. ER/Studio Data Architect now supports named NOT NULL constraints directly in the user interface, reverse and forward engineering, and throughout the product.
Related MetaWizard Release
For information on the ER/Studio MetaWizard release, see metaintegration.net.