Steps to Implement SDK Pack
- Customer Buys SDK pack which is valid for one year.
- In SFDC the account has the VAR Status flag set to SDK
- Commercial discussions start.
- Customer gets email from Sanctuary (template to be added) that includes licenses for the SDK pack as defined above.
- Customer goes to the web-registration page to generate the slip file (as per IBLite flow)
- Slip file has hard shut down date for 2 months
- If the customer comes back to the website, they may re-generate a new slip file within the year that is valid for another 2 months.
Live Contract arranged
- Once the contact is signed, Sales Staff Member creates zero cost opportunity into SFDC for the licenses required.
- This covers one entry for each license required to match the license types in the contract.
- Typically all will be e-slip (unless iOS where Call Back is required).
- Licenses may be locked to mobile platforms only on ToGo licenses.
- Call Back licenses may only be created when authorised.
- Internal use SKUs only.
- Zero cost, as the pricing is set on the licenses once obtained from Sanctuary for on usage pricing.
- Once processed, Sanctuary will create e-slip / call back serial numbers.
- There is not a requirement for an email to the customer at this point, this will follow from the sales person later, however if it does happen that is not the end of the world.
- Slip files will be created by someone with Sanctuary access (as per current processes).
- For all e-slips, a ceiling will be confirmed with the sales person to protect both parties, especially with new deployments. (default to be defined).
- This will manually be increased.
- TODO/Discuss - Possible call to Sanctuary from SFDC to get license set / usage for a specific Serial?
- ALL slip files will be set to one time call home only e.g. unlimited date for next call home date.
- Once the licenses show in SalesForce.com the sales person shall set the pricing for the usage against the license.
- Customer will be sent by the account manager / sales person / partner the slip files with a specification for what each one is used for.
- Customer will swap test licenses into their installers ready for deploying with their product.
- If the customer is pre-paying to achieve better pricing, then the pre-payment will be recorded under a new InterBase PrePayment SKU.
- The Operations team will set the prepayment amount onto the users account.
On License Usage
As the SDK / Live licenses (sanctuary will treat them the same, SFDC will report them as different assets - for the SDK pack licenses will be defaulted to zero charge usage) are used for the first time, they will report home to Sanctuary. Once they have reported to Sanctuary, they will receive from Sanctuary either a granted or deny access to run result. If they receive granted, this will be stored locally for future use.
TODO/Discuss - Ideally the local application will have the SLIP file locked to the device once registered, or for the slip file removed so it has limited time in the wild for it to be copied and used illegally else where.
Each license will only create a single entry for SFDC to find so we do not end up with duplicate billing in SFDC. As of today, the license usage is being returned and collected by SFDC and can be seen via the installation objects, including if they are re-installs.
Re-installs will be recorded and visible in SFDC, but will be marked as a re-install so they do not charged for. The only platform we are unable to track re-installs is on iOS due to the Device ID not being available.
SFDC will automatically build a Sales Opportunity summary for the usage. The opportunity will have items that are created to Sales Stage = Universe, Forecast Stage = None when the account has a pre-payment showing on the account. At the end of the month, if there are charges outstanding, a quote to order will be generated. If there is income to recognise, then the the pre-payment usage will be recorded.
IT requirements for tracking and display of IB VAR activity are 3 level. First IT needs to receive from Sanctuary fulfillment data regarding the umbrella license. This could be a RAD package which includes IB Lite or it could be an SDK. Second IT needs to be able to retrieve from Sanctuary the individually identifiable license serial number(s) of the installer license itself, either IB Lite or the various installer components of the SDK. Then IT needs to be able to retrieve from Sanctuary one install record per each field install of the IB DB, and these install records must include the same installer serial number to allow linking.
IT will collect this information and store it in Salesforce data objects. The umbrella license will be stored as a License or Asset. The Installers included in the umbrella will be stored in a Registered End User object. VAR specific pricing as approved by Finance business process will also be stored in the Registered End User object, data entry to be managed by Finance. Test and field installs of the IB DB will be stored in an Interbase Install object, data updates 3-4 times per hour. Reinstalls will be noted when possible by detecting a second appearance of the same device ID for a single Installer in the Interbase Install object. As the Install information is integrated into the Interbase Install object, a Salesforce trigger will create a sales Opportunity per month per IB VAR, and create/update line item detail on that Opportunity. New line item detail records will be created for each unique installer serial number and price for a given month. Later installs on the same serial number and for the same price in the same month will increment the quantity on the line item detail record.
This information is presented to IB VARs in the IB VAR Portal. This Portal is developed using Salesforce's force.com platform and is hosted within the Salesforce cloud. Authentication relies upon an EDN account, and presents IB license and install information for the Account related to a unique Contact in Salesforce which shares the EDN login email. The Portal is display only with the exception of a button to facilitate communication with the IB VAR's sales rep. Final domain URL pending.
- Test URL is embarcadero.dev.cs10.force.com/InterBaseVARSummary
- Username: EMBTTest
- Password: Supp0rt.
IT expectation is that Product Marketing or Marketing will take control of content for the Home and FAQ tabs.