Apple Application Information File (*.info.plist)
Go Up to File Types Index
Apple application information files are property list files with essential configuration information for Apple platforms. The file content is generated from several sources, including your project configuration (see Version Info), compiler options (see "Minimum iOS version supported" in Linking) or your SDK. The Apple application information file is generated as an XML file containing keys and associated values.
For iOS applications, the
info.plist file is maintained in XML format during development, but delivered as a binary file for deployment. For macOS applications, the
info.plist file is maintained and deployed in XML format.
For more information about the
Info.plist file, see Info.plist Reference.
When you deploy your project, your Apple application information file is generated by default as
<project>.info.plist into the following folder:
- In packages:
- For Delphi:
- For C++:
- For Delphi:
- In other projects:
To change the output directory:
- In Delphi, use the Package output directory option in Project > Options > Delphi Compiler.
- In C++, use the BPI/LIB output option in Project > Options > C++ (Shared Options).
- Apple Application Entitlement File (*.entitlements)
- Apple Application Resource Rule File (ResourceRules.plist)
- About Entitlements (Apple documentation)