Release Notes for XE4 Update 1
XE4 Update 1 includes:
- Delphi XE4 Update 1
- C++Builder XE4 Update 1
This file contains important supplementary information that might not appear in the main product documentation. Embarcadero Technologies recommends that you read this file in its entirety.
This document refers to "the product" when the information applies to RAD Studio XE4 or to either or both of the two personalities: Delphi XE4 and C++Builder XE4.
For general information about installation, deployment, and licensing, see the Install, Deploy, and License files located, by default, at C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\11.0.
- 1 Obtaining this Update
- 2 Instructions for Installation
- 3 Contents of XE4 Update 1
- 4 See Also
Obtaining this Update
Delphi and C++Builder XE4 Update 1 is available as an MSI patch or an ISO. For instructions for installing the update, see Instructions for Installation.
This update applies to the following products:
- Delphi XE4
- C++Builder XE4
- RAD Studio XE4
If you have auto-updates enabled in your install, you should be notified that the update is available. Accepting the notification will download and install the patch.
- NOTE: The patch install may take 1 to 2 hours to complete.
You can also obtain this update by Downloading from the Registered Users Web Page. An ISO consisting of the full Update 1 install is also available from the Registered Users Web Page.
Downloading from the Registered Users Web Page
The update is available for download from the registered users download pages as follows:
- Delphi XE4: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/delphi
- C++Builder XE4: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder
- RAD Studio XE4: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/rad_studio
Download <delphicbuilder_xe4_upd1.exe> to your computer. This is the installer that installs the patch. The steps to follow for installation are in #Instructions for Installation.
Uninstalling This Update
If you need to uninstall the update, you must uninstall the entire product and reinstall the XE4 initial release. It is not possible to uninstall only the update.
Instructions for Installation
Installing the XE4 Update 1 Patch
If you downloaded the patch from the Registered Users Web Page, then to start the installation, run the downloaded <delphicbuilder_xe4_upd1_patch.exe> .
- The installers will be extracted to your %TEMP% folder.
- The Patch installer should start. Proceed through the patch installation.
- The patch install might take 1 to 2 hours to complete.
- After you install the patch, if you receive F1027 Unit not found '%s' or binary equivalents (%s) (Delphi) when you try to build an application for the iOS Device, please see the following support article:
Installing the XE4 Update 1 ISO
If you downloaded the ISO from the Registered Users Web Page, then you must do the following:
- Uninstall the previous Delphi XE4, C++Builder XE4, or RAD Studio XE4 release if it is installed.
- Mount the ISO and run <install_RADStudio.exe> to start the installation.
Uninstalling XE4 for the ISO
If you have downloaded the ISO for Update 1, you must uninstall the XE4 product before installing XE4 Update 1:
- In the Control Panel, select the option for uninstalling an application.
- Select your installed XE4 product and start the uninstall process.
Installing the Platform Assistant Update
The XE4 Update 1 patch install contains updated Platform Assistant installers (including PAserver.exe and PAServer.pkg). These installer files are located in the PAServer folder.
To uninstall the Platform Assistant:
- On Windows, use Uninstall PAServer.exe to uninstall the Platform Assistant.
- On the Mac, use the Uninstall command to uninstall the Platform Assistant.
- NOTE: The Uninstall programs are located in the installation directory for the Platform Assistant on the PC and on the Mac.
To install the updated Platform Assistant:
You have two choices:
- If you are installing the XE4 Update 1 patch, you can use the installer files downloaded to the PAServer folder.
- In any case, you can use the standard URLs for obtaining and running the PAServer installers, as follows:
- On Windows, use:
- On the Mac, use:
- Send the URL via e-mail.
- Download RADPAServerXE4_upd1.pkg to a directory on the Mac, and double-click the
For more information, see PAServer, the Platform Assistant Server Application.
Contents of XE4 Update 1
Bug List for XE4 Update 1
For a complete list of the specific problems fixed in this update, see "Bug Fixes in Delphi and C++Builder XE4 Update 1": http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/43207
- Installation Notes for XE4
- Release Notes for XE4
- Readme - Help Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE4
Copyright 2013 Embarcadero Technologies. All rights reserved.