Optimizing System Performance
Go Up to Administrator Guide
To get the best performance from your Embarcadero Connect installation, there are a couple of changes of the underlying system that will benefit your installation by granting more system resources.
- Increase the physical memory on the Operating System to be 5GB of RAM.
- Increase the memory values for the catalina.bat file.
- The Path to the catalina.bat file is:..Embarcadero\Embarcadero Connect x.x\tomcat\bin\catalina.bat.
- Edit the file and change the following line to allow a greater MaxPermSize.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms512m -Xmx1536m -XX:MaxPermSize=1536M
- Increase the Maximum Memory Pool for the Java Virtual Machine.
- The connect service available memory was increased to the maximum size, following the procedure as listed in Changing the Memory Limit of Embarcadero Connect.
- Recommended Virtual Memory settings:
Set initial size to 1.5x that of the system RAM. Set max size to 2x that of the initial virtual memory size.