Schedules Wizard (Oracle)
Go Up to Oracle Object Wizards
This wizard builds and submits a call to DBMS_SCHEDULER.CREATE_SCHEDULE call, letting you create a schedule.
- Note: This functionality is available as of Oracle 10g.
- Note: Before working with jobs, consult Oracle documentation for general information on DBMS_SCHEDULER. For more information, see Accessing Third Party Documentation.
To create a schedule using a wizard
- 1. In DBArtisan, on a connected Oracle datasource, expand the Instance and Scheduler nodes, right-click the Schedules node and select Create from the context menu.
- 2. Use the following topics as a guide to setting properties and performing tasks as you pass through the wizard panels:
- Properties panel - for details, see Schedules (Oracle) - Properties.
- DDL View panel - for details, see Previewing the DDL Generated to Create the New Object.
- 3. Finally, use the Finish button to create the object.
Schedules (Oracle) - Properties
When creating or editing a job, this tab/panel lets you work with the following settings:
|Group||Settings and Description|
Lets you provide an Owner and Name for the schedule.
Description - corresponds to a COMMENT attribute. Repeat Interval - corresponds to a REPEAT_INTERVAL attribute. Calendaring syntax, as described in Oracle DBMS_SCHEDULER documentation, can be typed free-form, and will be passed directly to the server. For information on third-party documentation access, see Accessing Third Party Documentation. Start Date and End Date - correspond to START_DATE and END_DATE, attributes.