This page explains how to deploy a HTML5 Builder application so it can be uploaded to a web server.
For HTML5 Builder applications, you will need a web server with:
Go to Home > Deploy, and follow the steps below:
- The first page will give you an overview of the process.
- Optionally, check Detailed process (on the bottom of the dialog window). You will later get dialog pages (not documented here) with additional information.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Target Location page, provide the target location (the directory your project is being deployed to) and click Next.
- On the Export page, you will get a list of exported files. Click Finish to close the wizard.
Note: Files references by components, such as .css files or images, will not be deployed unless they are part of the project, and listed as such on the Project Manager.
You can now move the contents of the deployment directory folder to the web server that will be hosting your application.
Change the RPCL Location
By default, the rpcl folder is placed on the root of the deployment folder. If you want to change the location of that folder relative to the files of your application (for example, so several RPCL applications can use it):
- Move the rpcl folder to its new location.
- Create a new rpcl folder where the original was located, and create a file inside named rpcl.inc.php with the following content:
<?php require_once('../rpcl/rpcl.inc.php'); // Modify this line so it points to the new location of the RPCL folder. ?>