Community Edition Overview
Delphi Community Edition and C++ Builder Community Edition are free, limited commercial-use editions that allow you to develop Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS applications with a single codebase, debug on any device using built-in debugging tools, build database apps with local/embedded capabilities, and use included components to enhance your app and reduce development cycles.
How to Install Community Edition
Use the GetIt Web Installer to install Delphi Community Edition or C++ Builder by following the steps below:
- Get the Installer for Delphi Community Edition or C++ Builder Community Edition from Embarcadero.
- Run the installer and enter your license key (provided via email) to register for Community Edition. This installs a minimal version of Community Edition and opens the Feature Manager Dialog, where you can choose the platforms you want support for.
If you accidentally close the Feature Installer during the installation process, Community Edition starts with no language or platform support. To open the Feature Manager Dialog again, select Tools > Manage Platforms from the IDE or restart Community Edition.
Community Edition Restrictions
The Community Edition has the following restrictions:
- 1-year term license, requiring free renewal on an annual basis.
- Annual developer/company/organization revenue of up to $5,000.00 (or the equivalent in other currencies) - see license agreement for restrictions
- Limited to up to 5 users on the same network/in the same organization/company
- No Enterprise level features - no remote database support, no RAD Server backend support, no Delphi Linux server support, etc. See feature matrix for a detailed comparison
- No technical support
- No Update Subscription
- Access to new Community Edition releases requires the user to request a new Community Edition license key.
Community Edition Eligibility and License
Both Delphi Community Edition and C++ Builder Community Edition are aimed at casual developers, students, and early-stage startups that are starting to develop cross-platform apps.
Community Edition aims to make it easy to use Delphi and C++Builder, including learning the tools or starting to develop software with them, as well as assisting students and open-source developers.
Community Edition is licensed for 1 year (renewable) of limited commercial use until your individual or company yearly revenue reaches 5,000 USD, or your development team expands to more than 5 developers. View the license agreement here.
The license key can be renewed for free after it expires. If you’re no longer eligible, you can upgrade to a paid version. Click here for more information.
RAD Studio Trial and Community Edition
Community Edition cannot coexist with another edition of the same version on one machine. If you get the following error when trying to install Community Edition (after entering the Community Edition license key), you will need to manually remove all non-Community Edition licenses from previous versions of your system.
Run the License Manager, found in the bin directory
C:\Program Files(x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin, click Delete in the License Actions column on the right, select non-Community Edition licenses from any previous version in the pop-up dialog, and click Delete.
Next, close the License Manager and launch the IDE to complete the installation of Community Edition.