Go Up to Extending the EMS Server
EMS EdgeModule is an extension of the EMS Server. An EMS EdgeModule may be included in a ThingPoint application, a stand-alone application that can be called from the EMS Server in response to a REST request from an EMS Client Application and that may include an EMS EdgeModule.
An EMS EdgeModule can:
- Communicate with the EMS Server bilaterally through REST API calls.
- An EMS EdgeModule is an application that can respond to requests from an EMS Server.
- An EMS EdgeModule can make REST requests to the EMS Server.
- Register the EMS EdgeModule and its resources in the EMS Server, providing the needed data for that.
- An EMS EdgeModule runs only on Windows and OS X target platforms.