Using the Navigation Toolbar
Go Up to Code Editor
The Navigation Toolbar lets you navigate through the different sections, types, and methods of your project; as well as through the units your project uses.
Opening Used Units
- Click the Used Unit drop-down menu in the left corner of the Navigation Toolbar, or press the
- The drop-down displays a list of all units the current file uses.
- Click on the unit you want to move to.
- The Code Editor opens the selected unit file.
Moving to File Sections
- Click the File Section drop-down menu of the Navigation Toolbar, or press the
- The drop-down displays a list of the sections in the file. These sections can include Top of File, Interface Section, Interface Uses Clause, Implementation Section, Implementation Uses Clause, Initialization Section, and Bottom of File.
- Click the section you want to move to.
- The Code Editor places the cursor at the beginning of such section.
Moving to Types
- Click the Types combo box or press the
- The combo box displays the names of all the types that the current unit declares.
- Click the type you want to move to.
- The Code Editor places the cursor in the declaration of the selected type.
Moving to Methods
- Click the Method combo box or press the
- The combo box displays the names of all the procedures and functions of the current unit.
- Click the method you want to move to.
- The Code Editor places the cursor in the implementation of the procedure or function.
Searching for Project Symbols
- Click the Project Symbol Search button or press the
- The project symbol search window displays with a field to type your search; you can search for all symbols in the active selected project.
- Type the string of the search you want to perform. As you type in the box, the window displays the results, showing the type, unit, and the line of the symbol.
- Click the result symbol with the mouse, or use the arrow keys to select it and press
ENTER, to navigate to a symbol.
ESC, click the X button, or click outside the search window to cancel the search and close the search window.
From Berlin version, RAD Studio allows to hide the Navigation Toolbar:
To hide the Navigation Toolbar:
- Go to Tools > Options > Editor Options > Display.
- Unselect Show Navigation Toolbar option.