Creating a Batch Move Component
Go Up to Using TBatchMove Index
Note: The Borland Database Engine (BDE) has been deprecated, so it will not be enhanced. For instance, BDE will never have Unicode support. You should not undertake new development with BDE. Consider migrating your existing database applications from BDE to dbExpress.
To create a batch move component
- Place a table or query component for the dataset from which you want to import records (called the Source dataset) on a form or in a data module.
- Place the dataset to which to move records (called the Destination dataset) on the form or data module.
- Place a Bde.DBTables.TBatchMove component from the BDE category of the Tool palette in the data module or form, and set its Name property to a unique value appropriate to your application.
- Set the Source property of the batch move component to the name of the table from which to copy, append, or update records. You can select tables from the drop-down list of available dataset components.
- Set the Destination property to the dataset to create, append to, or update. You can select a destination table from the drop-down list of available dataset components.
- If you are appending, updating, or deleting, Destination must represent an existing database table.
- If you are copying a table and Destination represents an existing table, executing the batch move overwrites all of the current data in the destination table.
- If you are creating an entirely new table by copying an existing table, the resulting table has the name specified in the Name property of the table component to which you are copying. The resulting table type will be of a structure appropriate to the server specified by the DatabaseName property.
- Set the Specifying a batch move mode.
- Optionally set the Transliterate property. If Transliterate is True (the default), character data is translated from the Source dataset's character set to the Destination dataset's character set as necessary.
- Optionally set column mappings using Mapping data types.
- Optionally specify the Handling batch move errors.