Creating a New Modeling Project
Go Up to Modeling Project Procedures
You can create new design and implementation projects.
Also you can generate the default Delphi source code for your design project and insert this generated source code into an existing implementation project (see Transforming a Design Project to Source Code).
To create a new design project
- On the main menu, choose File > New > Other. The New Items dialog box opens.
- On the left-hand pane, choose the Design Projects category. The right-hand pane shows the following project templates:
- UML 1.5 Design Project
- UML 2.0 Design Project
- Convert from MDL
- Convert from MDX
- Choose the desired project template and click OK. The New Application wizard opens.
- Enter the project name, location, and other parameters required by the wizard. Click OK.
- If you have selected Convert from MDL, then the Project from MDL wizard opens. Click the Add Folder button and choose the desired source folder from the file system. Use the Remove and Remove all buttons to make up the list of model files. Follow other instructions from Importing a UML Model from IBM Rational Rose Format.
- If you have selected Convert from MDX, then the Project from MDX wizard opens. Enter the MDX file location and other parameters required by the wizard.
- Click Finish. A new design project is created at the specified location. The
.tgprojproject file is created in the specified project root. The default package and diagram are created.
To create a new implementation project
- Create a new Delphi project.
- Follow the steps described in the Creating a Project topic.
- A new Delphi project of the selected type is created at the specified location.
.dproj(Delphi) project file is created in the specified project root.
- Activate Modeling Support for this language-specific project.
- Follow the steps described in the Activating UML Modeling Support for Projects topic.
- The language-specific project becomes an implementation project.
- The default namespace and diagram are created.