Creating an Association Class
Go Up to Class Diagram Procedures
You can add or delete association classes.
To create an association class
- Open a class diagram.
- On the class diagram Tool Palette, click Association Class.
- Click the diagram background. This adds a regular class icon for the association class, connected with the diamond icon.
- Create participant classes.
- Using the association end button, connect the n-ary association with the participant classes.
- Result: The source code of an association class contains appropriate tags for the association class itself and for each of the association end classes.
To delete an association class
- On a class diagram, right-click an association end link, association class, or connector.
- Choose Delete or Delete from View on the context menu.
- Result: The whole association class construct is deleted from the diagram.