DataSnap WebBroker Application Wizard for Linux
File > New > Other > Delphi Projects > DataSnap Server > DataSnap WebBroker Application
WebBroker Project Type page
On this page, select the type of WebBroker project for your application.
- Select the required WebBroker Project Type:
- Apache dynamic link module: a server that supports HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- Stand-alone console application: a web server that has a text-only user interface. It supports HTTP by using an Indy HTTP server component.
- Click Next.
Apache Module Options page
This page opens only if you selected the Apache dynamic link module on the WebBroker Project Type page.
On this page, enter the data required to create the Apache module.
- Select the Apache version.
- Select the Apache module.
- Enter the Apache unit.
- Click Next.
Port Number page
This page opens only if you selected Stand-alone console application on the WebBroker Project Type page. On this page, specify the ports that the DataSnap will use to listen to the client requests.
- To check the availability of the specified port, click Test Port.
- To select an opened port automatically detected by the DataSnap Server, click Find Open Port.
- Note: Select the HTTPS check box to use the HTTPS protocol. The HTTPS communications port will be set to 443, which is a commonly used port by IIS, and the wizard will display an additional step that prompts for information regarding the X.509 certificate files.
X.509 Certificates page
This step appears only if you select the HTTPS communication protocol on the Port Number page.
- To use the X.509 certificates, enter the following data:
- Certificate file name: holds the X.509 certificate (*.pem).
- Key file name: holds the key.
- Key file password: contains the password for the key file.
- Root certificate file name: holds the root certificate.
- To validate the selection, click Test.
- Click Next
Server Features page
On this page, you can select the set of features required for your application.
- Select the features you want to add to the WebBroker server.
- Click Next.
- Tip: For more details on each feature, click it and see the description in the Info section.
Select the Authentication option to place the TDSAuthenticationManager component on the server form.
The TDSHTTPWebDispatcher component uses TDSAuthenticationManager as the AuthenticationManager to allow the implementation of HTTP user authentication for the DataSnap server. The implementation consists in implementing the Authenticate property. When Authentication is selected, the client needs to provide the DataSnap user name and password as SQL connection properties.
Server Methods Class
Select the Server Methods Class option to add the TDSServerClass component to the server form. It allows defining a class on the server, which exposes server methods to client applications.
If you select the Sample Methods option, then the ServerMethodsUnit will contain the implementation of two simple methods called EchoString and ReverseString, which return the
Value given as parameter in normal respective reversed states.
Specify the Filters that the DataSnap Server employs. You can include the Encryption filter, the Compression filter, or both:
- Select the Encryption filter to add PC1 and RSA filters for the selected communication protocols. Note that the RSA filter requires the OpenSSL libraries to be present on the server and on any client that connects to this server.
- Select the Compression filter to add a ZLib compression filter for the selected communications protocols.
Select Mobile Connectors to include support for proxy dispatching for mobile connector development.
Select the Server Module option to create a separate module for DataSnap server components. This enables support for heavyweight callbacks in DataSnap WebBroker applications.
Server methods ancestor class page
On this page, select the ancestor type of the server methods class.
- Select one of the following ancestor types:
- Click Next.
Project location page
This step appears only if you selected the Mobile Connectors feature in the Server Features page of this wizard.