Designing a UML 1.5 Statechart Diagram
Go Up to UML 1.5 and 2.0 Diagram Procedures
Following are tips and techniques that you can use when working with UML 1.5 Statechart Diagram.
To design a UML 1.5 Statechart Diagram, follow this general procedure:
- Create Start and End points.
- Create main states and substates.
Tip: You can create nested states.
- Create transitions.
- Create history nodes.
- You can optionally create shortcuts to related elements of other diagrams.
To create entry and exit actions:
- Create an internal transition in the desired state.
- Double-click the internal transition to enable in-place editing.
- Rename using the following syntax: stereotype/actionName(argument)For example: exit/setState(idle)
Alternatively, create an internal transition and set the event name, event arguments, and action expression properties using the Object Inspector for the internal transition.