Displaying the Version Control Log
Go Up to Version Control Systems in the IDE
Use the Log Pane to find all the created revisions. The following steps show you how to open and use the Log pane:
- In the Projects Window:
- For Subversion: right-click a file that is under version control.
- For Git and Mercurial: right-click a project that is under version control.
- In the context menu, select:
- For Subversion: Subversion > Show Log.
- For Git: Git > Show Log.
- For Mercurial: Mercurial > Show Log.
- Select one of the following subcommands:
- From Repository Root searches up the directory tree to find the last directory managed by the same repository as the project file; then adds to the Log pane all the files in that directory and below.
- From Project Directory adds to the Log pane all files in the project directory and below.
- In the main window of the IDE, the Log Pane displays:
- Click Refresh () to perform a new search on all the revisions applied so far.
- Click Next 100 to display one hundred revisions at a time. Loading all the revisions at once takes a longer time.
- Click Search () to find revisions by author, comments, or committed files.