F2046 Out of memory (Delphi)
Go Up to Error and Warning Messages (Delphi)
You get this error when the RAD Studio built-in compiler runs out of memory.
This is a rare error that might occur when you build an extremely large project group of applications and libraries.
To solve this issue, do any of the following:
- Make sure your swap file is large enough and that there is still room on your disk. See Change the size of virtual memory.
- Configure your project group to be built externally to the IDE: Select Project > Options > Delphi Compiler and check the Use MSBuild externally to compile property.
- Note: If you want to be able to debug your app when you build with this option set, the Include remote debug symbols option should also be enabled on Project > Options > Delphi Compiler > Linking.
- Build your project group on the command line.
- Refactor the applications and libraries in your project group to rely more on Delphi packages. Delphi packages do not make the IDE run out of memory.