Finding information (IDE Tutorial)
Go Up to Introduction Index (IDE Tutorial)
You can find information about Embarcadero RAD Studio in the following ways:
- Web-based product documentation at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Main_Page
F1Help and Online Help System
about new features in this release, refer to http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/What%27s_New.
Web-based Product Information
You can get help online by visiting the www.embarcadero.com web site and navigating to one of the following:
- Developer network—http://dn.embarcadero.com —where you can find news and articles about Embarcadero products.
- QualityCentral—http://qc.embarcadero.com —where you can read, create, update, or manage reports about issues in the Embarcadero products.
- CodeCentral—http://cc.embarcadero.com —where you can find, comment upon, upload, and download code snippets for the Embarcadero products.
- Blogs—http://blogs.embarcadero.com —where you can find useful information in articles written by the Embarcadero employees.
The embarcadero.com web site also includes a list of books and additional technical documents for all of the Embarcadero products.
F1 Help and Online Help System
You can get context-sensitive help in any part of the development environment, including in menu items, in dialog boxes, in toolbars, and in components by selecting the
item and pressing
F1 key while a menu item is selected displays context-sensitive help for the item. For example, pressing
F1 on the Trace Into menu item...
Figure 1-1. The Trace Into menu item under Run menu
...displays the following help page.
F1 Help for the Trace Into menu item
Error messages from the compiler and linker appear in a special window below the Code Editor. To get help with compilation errors, select a message from the list and press
- A pointed reserved word, directive, or C++ keyword.
- A pointed
identifier(or selected qualified identifier) corresponding to a name of a procedure, function, constant, property, variable, field, type, program, unit, library, or package described in installed CHM help files.
- The Code Editor.
Useful information about using the help viewer can be found at http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37562.