Installing the Platform Assistant on Linux
You need to install the Platform Assistant on Linux to build and deploy Linux applications. PAServer enables you to use the Deployment Manager, import the Linux SDK, and perform remote debugging on a Linux system.
The installer for the Linux Platform is
LinuxPAServer20.0.tar.gz, and it is located in the
PAServer folder inside the RAD Studio installation directory:
Alternatively, you can download the
PAServer installer from the internet:
- RAD Studio Rio (10.3):
- RAD Studio Rio Release 1 (10.3.1):
To install the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Copy the
LinuxPAServer20.0.tar.gzfile from the location above to a local directory on your Linux machine.
- Open the Terminal.
- In the Terminal, go to the local directory where the
LinuxPAServer20.0.tar.gzfile is located.
- Unpack the
LinuxPAServer20.0.tar.gzfile with the following command:
tar –xvf LinuxPAServer20.0.tar.gz.
- The PAServer-20.0 subdirectory is created. Here you can find all Platform Assistant binaries for the Linux platform.
The Platform Assistant is installed and you can run the Platform Assistant.
To uninstall the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Note: You do not need to uninstall a previous version of the Platform Assistant to install a newer version. Different versions of the Platform Assistant can coexist and run on your system as long as you use a different port on each running instance.
To uninstall the Platform Assistant, delete the PAServer-20.0 directory where you unpacked the
- Running the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Running the Platform Assistant on Windows
- Setting Options for the Platform Assistant