Using Custom Groups with the C++ Class Explorer
Go Up to C++ Class Explorer Topics
To create a custom group:
- In RAD Studio, open a project that contains a managed unit (.cpp/.h files) that define classes, interfaces, or other types.
- Open the C++ Class Explorer ( Tools > Options > C++ Options > Class Explorer).
- Do either of the following:
- The Explorer File Groups dialog box is displayed. The default groups (such as VCL and RTL) are displayed with the group icon () in the Groups field, along with any custom groups that have already been created.
- In the Name entry field, type a name for the group you want to create.
- In the Directories entry field, type the path to the directory that contains the source you want to include in the group. (You can copy-and-paste the Address field from the Explorer.)
- Click Add. The new group appears in the Groups field.
To edit an existing custom group:
- Perform steps 1-4 in the previous procedure.
- In the Groups field, select the group that you want to edit.
- To change the name of the group, type a new name for the selected group, in the Name entry field.
- To change the directory for the group, type the directory that contains the source you want to include in the group, in the Directories entry field. (You can copy-and-paste the Address field from the Explorer.)
- Click Replace. The new name and directory are applied to the selected display group.
To delete a display group:
- Perform steps 1-4 in To create a custom group.
- In the Groups field, select the group that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.