Go Up to VCL
The VCL extends the RTL implementation of actions as follows:
- It defines TAction, which extends the functionality of TContainedAction.
- It defines in the Vcl.StdActns unit many standard actions that you can use in your applications.
- It defines TActionManager and TActionList. Each of those components provides a different approach for managing the actions that your application uses.
To use actions in the VCL, you must choose between the following available approaches:
- Handling actions using an action manager. This is the simplest, most powerful approach.
- Handling actions using an action list. This is the same approach that you use to handle actions in FireMonkey applications. You may want to use this approach if you think that you may want to migrate your application to FireMonkey in the future.